Saturday, March 26, 2011

Tony Joe White - Willie & Laura Mae Jones

Yesterday my brother Wil, my son Evan and I made a trek downtown to the Louisiana Music Factory on Decatur in New Orleans. The House of Blues is just across the street and as I pointed the building out to Evan, I proudly mentioned that his cousin, Matt, once played a gig there.

Once inside the Factory, I suggested to Evan that he wade right in and pick out a CD or two. I wanted him to enjoy one of those moments that only music can bring.

I pointed out talent and rare releases everywhere one looked. "Check it out, how about Trombone Shorty, the Radiators or hold the phone, some vintage Tony Joe White?" A kind voice from nearby expressed his appreciation of TJW's music old and new. Thanks for helping a Dad out and for the advice. As such, there won't be any need to return my own "off the beaten path" selection.

Here's one for the LMF - Tony Joe as a One Man Show, none better.


No comments:

Post a Comment